My visitors

Monday 25 May 2015

The SC & more n°275: Le Jeu

This week's theme for the crochet challenge is: playing and Vivyane is our host. It took me only a little while to decide on what to make, but the actually making took a little longer. N. has been ill last week, this weekend is a long weekend in Germany, I've been doing some tidying and sorting out stuff ... plus I decided to take my time and not rush.

I decided to go for the famous "Tic, tac, toe" game. It will be a challenge to teach it to T.(2,5yo) and N. (almost 4yo), but I'll try. My idea was also to add a new game to our range of traveling toys.

I began with a small pouch/bag:
 Then I made the tokens. Five of two different sorts. I was going to make a set of 5 flowers and a set of 5 cabbages (from L'Empreinte de l'Ange's tutorial), but T. asked for rabbits instead. Since I had half of the flowers ready, I did not make rabbits+cabbages, but flowers+rabbits. I'll find another occasion to make cabbages ;)
 On the pictures above you can see the tokens before and after steam-blocking. I did not make the flowers too flat as I wanted them to keep a little bit of their curled aspect.

And finally I made the "board" with a small piece of cotton fabric, marking the lines with a simple red seam.
 Now I "just" need to teach my children to play it and we will take it with us on our next trip to France to show it off and play with the cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents ;)

My favourite part of that toy is the bag. The top ruffle took ages to make but I love it!! I am quite proud that it turned out as I wanted it to!

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I did not follow a pattern for anything. The rabbits are inspired from a tutorial posted online, but I could not find it again and I made some modifications anyway.

Now you can go to the Museum to see the others' creations

PS: Mon Tricotier has also made a tic-tac-toe game, I love the colours she used!

17 comments:

  1. Hey, it's a really nice and cute one !!! I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! Mais le tien est beaucoup plus joli que le mien :)
    Un grand bravo !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mais pas du tout Aglaé, il est simplement très différent. Je trouve le tien superbe, tout simple et avec des couleurs estivales. La touche de liberty-tape est très jolie!

      Delete
  3. Génial !!! super beau morpion !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorit ! Il est superbe !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très mignon et j'aime bien aussi le petit sac !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Si mignon...et pratique pour les balades !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Très belle interprétation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Il est très beau et on peut l'emporter en pique-nique !

    ReplyDelete
  9. So funny and so cute !! I love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Le sac est tres sympa et les lapins tout mimis !

    ReplyDelete