My visitors

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Jumper refashioning

As I wrote in my previous article, I have to take care of my to-do pile. On Sunday and yesterday I did my "three pieces a week": a black cardigan that just needed a 4cm seam (why on Earth did I have to wait a year to do it??) and two jumpers.
Those two jumpers I really liked, but I am not so much into jumpers anymore, I prefer cardigans, they are easier to put on and off. 
This blue-stripped one is quite old and I've liked it very much, but I gave it a new life as a skirt!
Not the most beautiful pattern but it is comfy and I won't hesitate to get it dirty playing with my children ;)
This other jumper was bought in England together with a very dear friend of mine who bought its twin! But unfortunately I could not wear it anymore, I am a few years older and I've had two children... my figure isn't what it used to be ;) but I really did not want to get rid of it. So I refashioned it.
Here is how the jumper looked when I first bought it.
And here's how it looks like now.
I simply made a cut in the middle, pierced holes and crocheted an edge. It isn't completely symmetric but I did it in the evening when it was getting dark (rather lame excuse but well :-p )
What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Superbe!!! J'adoore, c'est très féminin
    La jupe aurait presque un air de cette marque italienne de luxe qui fait des vêtements en maille à rayures: M_ _ _ _ _ i:-) So chic et bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! Merci Camille, heureusement que la photo ne montre pas les coutures plus que douteuses ;)

      Delete