My visitors

Thursday 2 July 2015

The SC & More n°280: Summer holiday

 This week Isabelle asked us what we are putting in our suitcase for the summer holiday. We are not going on holiday just yet, we still need to wait a good three weeks! But in the meantime we are going around quite a bit by bike, does it count? ;)

I always get pain in my rear-end when riding my bike, but padded shorts are quite expensive. I decided to try a padded saddle cover instead. While browsing on Pinterest I found this nice link (in German) and more or less followed the instructions to make my own fitted patterns + covers.

I used a lovely purple fabric with little character kissing. I love it!
 And for my son's saddle at the front of my bike, I used the grey fabric with adorable knights and dragons from Dappers.
 After riding a few days with it, I can say that it was not enough padding, it does not change very much the end result for my poor body ;) but at least our saddles look pretty!
 Wishing you all a happy summer!
Square picture for the museum :)
Check out the Museum :) Many other creations to put in a suitcase!

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Je dois bien avouer que je trouve mon vélo plus joli comme ca!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. oui j'ai trouvé aussi en voyant le blog allemand!

      Delete
  3. Ingénieux...il m'en faut une....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facile à faire, lance-toi! Tu fais le patron en utilisant ta selle et ensuite tu mesures la circonférence de ton patron :)

      Delete
  4. They look very pretty indeed! But if I can give you an advice, you should change your saddles altogether! I have found out that some shapes of saddles hurt, while others dont. It is worst the cost, because a bad saddle can really be "a pain in the ass"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I have the same problem whatever the saddle is, the problem is my bottom ;) My mum always said my bones were "pointy" :p

      Delete
  5. bravo, genial l'idée de la forme coeur, pour un endroit important de notre anatomie héhé!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La forme de la selle est pas mal oui. On en trouve beaucoup des comme ca par ici.

      Delete