My visitors

Wednesday 29 July 2015

Russian Cherry Cake

I have found a picture of a delicious looking cake on Pinterest, but when I followed the link, the recipe was actually in Russian. I first asked my parents-in-law for help since they took Russian in school, but they still needed the help of an online translator ;)

Here is the translated recipe, I cannot guarantee that it is exact, but after testing the recipe I can say that it looks about right:


Ingredients for the dough:

200gr of soft butter
A pinch of salt
3 cups of flour
1 cup of Kefir (apparently a sort of cream cheese - I replaced it with plain yoghurt but next time I'll use something a little thicker, it made the dough a little sticky)
A sachet of baking powder
A sachet of vanilla sugar

Ingredients for the filling:

500gr of cherries (without stones)
1 cup of sugar

Mix the ingredients for the dough - I did put the yoghurt last, and then I left the dough to rest a bit before rolling it out while I was getting the fruits ready with the children.
Then roll out the dough in a large rectangles on 3mm thickness. Cut bands of about 7 to 8 cm width (I think next time I'd make them a tad wider). Put the fruits in the middle of each stripe and sprinkle with sugar. Form rolls and place them in a round form.
30 to 40 min. in the oven at 200°C

and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.


It looks good and it tastes brilliant. I also loved working with the dough, it was quite supple and easy to use.
I will try the recipe again using different fruits such as plums. Yum, I'm looking forward to it already !!

No comments:

Post a Comment