My visitors

Friday 13 May 2016

Full-circle skirt

 Hi everybody! I am slowly trying to get back to blogging. Somehow I fell out of my rythm, I just need a little bit of time to get back on track.

I also decided to try making more clothes for myself. I cannot really find what I like in the shapes and colours that I like. I also haven't got my pre-children shape yet (don't know if I'll ever get back to it though), which makes clothing myself pretty difficult.

Recently got a pile of old fabrics from my mother-in-law, I already used one of them and made a full-circle skirt. The fabric used to be an old curtain, but I like it better as a skirt. The fabric feels both light and heavy, it has a nice drape.
It does twirl so very nicely!

This skirt is one of my little girl's dream come true! The twirling, the colours, everything! The only thing missing is a petticoat underneath the skirt. I need volume, when I stand the fabric falls along my legs at the back. That part does not look too good. But hopefully I'll soon be able to correct this.

How do you like this skirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment