My visitors

Friday 12 December 2014

In der Weihnachtsbäkerei...

In der Weihnachtsbäkerei... here is my children's favourite song at the moment! They love it and ask me to play it over and over again. I rather like it too, but I am getting slightly tired of hearing it. I've tried to find a video online but somehow they won't play on my computer. So if you are curious, try to find it by yourself ;)

It is about making Christmas biscuits, they get burnt at the end but at least the children making them had fun.

We also have been making Christmas goodies as well as buying some at our local bakery. We made Mince pies, our first ones in 4 years. We had loved them when we were living in the UK and we were missing them very much. So we opened again our Delia's Christmas book (wedding gift!) and made mincemeat and mince pies. If you are not lucky enough to own a copy of the book, you can easily find the recipes online
The mince pies were absolutely delicious and luckily we have enough mincemeat to make another two batches soon! 

Now onto things that we haven't baked ourselves but which are part of our Christmas favourites: speculoos biscuits, Dresdener Christollen (see pic below), Domino Steine (some chocolate type of sweets), Lebkuchen etc. There are many delicious things to eat around here and Christmas time is NEVER the time to try losing weight ;) which ok I guess since winter can get pretty cold, so we need to fat reserves don't we?

3 comments:

  1. Achhh! c'est celui-là le super gâteau de Hanne-Lore!! Tu le connais donc, petite coquine!!! Il me faut absolument la recette!!! Et si tu ne me l'envoies pas, je viens la chercher!!!! NA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Achhh! c'est celui-là le super gâteau de Hanne-Lore!! Tu le connais donc, petite coquine!!! Il me faut absolument la recette!!! Et si tu ne me l'envoies pas, je viens la chercher!!!! NA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viens la chercher! Et TOC! :D
    Blague à part, je vais essayer d'y penser dans les prochains jours. Ce que tu veux c'est la recette du Dresdner Christstollen. C'est boooooooooon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete