My visitors

Friday 24 October 2014

Backpack for the Kindergarten

Still in the spirit of making N. happy in the Kindergarten, I decided to sew her backpack. I found a pattern on this blog: At Second Street and I used two different fabrics: old jeans from my husband and some cotton patterned fabric (formerly curtains). I used different material than on the original backpack: a magnet closing system, backpack band and strap systems.


I definitely recommend that pattern. The instructions were good, the whole process was easy. I only made the bag bigger than the pattern because the lady mentioned that it was a little small for her 4yo and just right for her 2yo. Since I wanted it for a 3yo and I wanted it to last a little while, I made it about 4cm bigger (if I remember well).

One and a half month after making it, I can say that it is a good one. N. uses it daily and is very happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment