My visitors

Thursday 23 January 2014

It is winter for the dolls too!


Both my children have dolls, although for now only my little girl takes her doll for walks outside to the park, I thought I'd make a fleece suit for both dolls. 
Very simply, I drew the outline of the dolls for the back part (leaving generous space and adding another centimeter when sewing), then for the two front pieces, I used the same size from the shoulders down making sure to have a large overlap.
For Little N.'s doll I drew the headline far too close to the head and could not get a fitting hood. I therefore did a suit without hood (which does not matter since she - the doll - has a hood on her jumper!). The overlap makes it easy to dress and undress the dolls and the suit can be closed without a button, zipper or whatever other closing system ^^

We finally have snow and cold, so at least the dolls are ready to brave the outside weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment