My visitors

Friday 22 March 2013

Salt dough

My 19 months old girl is starting to really enjoy some activities such as drawing, colouring, painting, getting dressed up and so on. She has unfortunately been ill last week and was in a rather whinny mood, which is nerve wrecking! Since on the weekend her Dad was at home, I decided to take a little bit of time with her only while he would look after Baby T. ; we made salt dough. I remember the fun I had as a young girl making all sorts of things (actually even as a teenager!).

One cup of salt, two cups of flour and water... that does not sound complicated, does it? I still managed to mess up the quantities and used three cups of flour instead of two. It worked out nevertheless and Little N. had a lot of fun.



She seems too young though to actually shape anything with the dough, but I did think of making a ball with a nose, gave her some tooth-picks and let her make a hedgehog :)


A day or two later we even painted some of the stuff with Oma's help.


The Brezels and round yellow thingies are meant to be used for playing cooking, the "religieuse" still needs painting - it is a French pastry - and that will also go to N.'s tea-set.

An afternoon of fun with my daughter, that is priceless!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Brezels! Great alternative to felt food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just want to put some varnish or something to protect the pain and make them more durable. Any idea of children safe product?

      Delete
  2. No... I don't know anything. But wait... there is a toy approved varnish at TOOM Baumarkt. It their own label. I'm using it for the playkitchen - which will be ready soon, by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look asap. Looking forward to seeing the playkitchen!

      Delete