My visitors

Friday 7 October 2011

Winter will soon be upon us...

I know that currently we are enjoying a late (very late) summer-like weather but I know that at some point winter will come. Therefore I have taken on my spool-knitting tools and my crochet and I made two hats and two scarves for my two little brothers (ok the older one isn't so little anymore but nevermind).

The scarves are my very first crochet experience. I had never done it before, thinking it was too complicated. In the end it was not at all and I quite enjoyed it. The only thing is that I must have missed some stiches along the way and my scarves ended up being curved. That's not really a problem. I fixed a press stud to keep them closed nicely as they are not long enough to make a knot.









The hats are made of spool-knitted cord.














Surprised by the size? No my brothers are not that small, here is the explanation:
My father-in-law often builds small wooden characters (about 30/40cm high) and when my family came to visit this summer, he made two with and for my brothers. Those two characters represent them and since they are meant to be standing outside in the garden I decided to have a little bit of fun and make them some garments.

Here is a last picture to give you a better idea of the size:
 Wishing you all a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment