My visitors

Friday 21 October 2011

Baby sleeping bag

A friend of mine living in the Netherlands got a baby some weeks ago. I wanted to make something a bit special since I had a bit of time and energy...
With my baby I found that using a sleeping bag is very easy and useful at nights. The one I have looked easy to copy, here is the result:
 
Setting up everything

Baby fashion model
Nice and cosy
The original vs the copy
 I made mine a bit longer than the original as I am hoping it can serve longer. The one I am using for my daughter is almost too small and she is only two months old...
The parcel arrived in the Netherlands, so I am finally publishing this post. I will most probably get on making another sleeping-bag for my own little darling but one size bigger. Babies grow so fast!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!
    Have to sew one by myself. I need a warm cozy one for the winter.
    Your girl looks really gorgeous... how old is she? She looks so big, but your baby-post seems to me like yesterday.
    Greets,
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the process of making two for my daughter for the winter. I just need to get on cutting the fabric now... She is almost three months old now and growing so quickly!!
    Have a lovely weekend and show me the result when you've made your own sleeping bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And my son likes sleeping in it ((-; It still fits. Thanks my dear Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear it!! :) You're very welcome

    ReplyDelete