My visitors

Monday 8 June 2015

The SC & more n°277: Joan of Arc

This week the theme is "Sweet France", I found an old picture of myself when I was 9yo.
Summer 1993
 I played being St Joan of Arc most of the time, wearing an old petticoat from my Grandmother, riding a paper horse on a stick, and holding a flag of France tainted with grass and blackberries - I know, NOT the right colours, but I did what I could with what I had at hand ;)

Joan of Arc has always been my "favourite" Saint. I find her life very inspiring.
The books I have been reading since my childhood ^^
 My first idea for this week's challenge was to recreate the picture, but one week is a little short for me to organize myself, find the sticks, get colours, taint the fabric etc. But I really wanted to do something with St Joan of Arc.

Then I remembered vintage frames that I have in my DIY drawer and thought it would be nice to have picture of St Joan, second patron saint of France (the first being Our Lady of the Assumption). I also decided that I wanted a picture of St Genevieve, the saint patron of Paris. After all, I was born in Paris :)

So I looked for nice images online, printed them on thick paper (Canson type). With the same paper I made a smaller frame which I painted in silver for St Joan and in copper for St Genevieve.
I blocked the pictures at the back with pins and tadaaaam:

We now have new pretty pictures for our "Prayer corner" and I love their vintage look. 
How do you like them?

Square picture for the Museum
Don't forget to follow the links to see the other creations, there are some very pretty things!

24 comments:

  1. défi relevé rien de tel que des Saints pour veiller sur ta famille, bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci ^^ bonne journée à toi aussi!

      Delete
  2. Je n'avais pas pensé à ce symbole, et pourtant... A toutes les femmes engagées !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) je ne sais pas si les cours d'Histoire de France parlent toujours d'elle.

      Delete
  3. Très jolis cadres, te voilà sous bonne protection !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne t'as à l'oeil à present trés jolie cadre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oui, je les trouve très bien sur notre étagère... il me reste encore des cadres identiques, je pense que je vais faire pareil avec les saint patrons de notre famille :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Je pense vraiment en faire d'autres, ils me plaisent tellement!

      Delete
  7. Ho j'adore la photo de tes 9 ans en déguisement de Jeanne D'Arc. Un bel air des joies de l'enfance et un symbole français qui te suis!

    ReplyDelete
  8. bonne idée pour valoriser de vieilles images :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ce sont de vieilles images oui mais trouvées sur internet et imprimées "neuves" :D

      Delete
  9. De jolis cadres plein de souvenirs ! j'en aurais bien vu un troisième avec ta photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. je ne suis pas une sainte ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jolis cadres pour une déco vintage !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cela me plait beaucoup , je suis fais un petit autel dans ma chambre et j'ai une belle collection d'images pieuses ...Sainte Geneviève (patronne de Paris) y a une grande place !
    Tes encadrements sont très bien, très romantiques sans miévrerie ! bravo!

    ReplyDelete