My visitors

Thursday 23 May 2013

Sensory steps - part 1

On Pinterest last week, I came accross the idea of making sensory steps. I just could not resist the idea of making some myself for Little N. and Baby T. (when he starts crawling). I have 12 planned, four are completely done. The red ones.
I have put quite a bit of work into making them as I would like them to last a while but also to look pleasant. Let's see how it goes after some days of playing with them :)

Step one: Cut your cardboard to the required size



Step two: Tape it to prevent your child from cutting himself (or in our case to protect myself! from injury)


Step three: Paint it (I did four red, four green and four yellow)


Step four: Glue the anti-slide (which Little N. tried to tear off yesterday!)


Step five: Glue whatever you want on top (for the red ones I did: a large block of foam, decorative pebble stones, bottle caps and cut sponges)


Little N. does have small issues with stepping bare-feet on the ground, especially if there are sand, stones, grass or anything uneven. Those sensory steps could very well help her getting better in that respect.
 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. j'ai trouvé aussi!! Fastoche à faire en plus, ca peut peut-être plaire à ton monstrosaure préféré?

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the idea! This is perfect!
    And Baby N. looks gorgeous on the pic. love the dress as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would it be interesting for the little boy you are regularly playing with?

      Delete
  3. where did you find your "anti-slide"? And what is it really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKEA: it is something you put under rugs or in cupboards

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea! I love it and will give it a try for sure!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete