My visitors

Thursday 16 May 2013

Mother's Day

On the 12th of May here in Germany, on the 26th of May in France, Mother's Day is always a day which I like to celebrate. It is a special occasion to tell our mothers how much we love them and how grateful we are for all they have done/are doing for us, their children. At least that is how I see it :)

My mother, G., who lives in France received her parcel today. I could not wait until the 26th, so I allowed her to open her present already. I really have to work on not yielding to excitement/curiosity!! Here is what she got along with a card and some German stuff to nibble on (she really liked them and cannot get them in France):
 My mother-in-law, H., who lives near us in Germany got this at breakfast last weekend along with some chocolate:
 They both seemed to like the little presents.

As for myself, my children are still too young (21 and 4 months old) to make something by themselves. But H. took Little N. to the garden on Sunday morning and gathered some flowers for me. So here is my very first Mother's Day bunch of flowers:
 I really like it and almost a week and a train ride later they are still looking good on our table!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this article ! Late for some, early for others, but hey! nevermind :)

P.S: the small pouch I made was from a pattern from OneInchWorld. I chose to keep them inside out though because it isn't Easter anymore and I didn't want them to look too egg-like.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! They are lovely! They have such a tiny opening to make them more egg like, I hope they are useable!

    Are those pincushion rings? So interesting! The fabric reminds me of jam jars.

    ReplyDelete