My visitors

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Another hairclip

After seeing this Totoro (Yencamade), I decided to try making one at some point... Lacking time, I still haven't been able to but soon I probably should get going as I have been asked to make it a birthday present. The recipient of the present is a big fan of this particularly loveable character from the film "My Neighbour Totoro". To make her patient for this I tried to make mini-Totoros to fit them on a hairclip (no idea whether she's going to wear it... almost 19y is maybe a bit old for that but who knows!). Printing out a pattern from there but shrunk it first. Embroidery and details are easier to make before assembling the front and back pieces. In theory the two pieces are assembled front to front and then turned inside out, but considering the size I had to find another option. I also fixed the nylon thread on the inside with some glue so that it would not move afterwards.

The mini-totoros look more like cats but well... I blame the miniature work ;)

It does not really look great on short hair but it gives an idea of the final look.
What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. petite_alouette9 April 2012 at 19:38

    I love Totoro!!! :D What a novel idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Petite Alouette : I'll soon get on making the pattern for a big one, will let you know how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! how could I miss this??? This is so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say Cristina that I am considering making another one for myself! :) it has been growing on me

    ReplyDelete