My visitors

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Advent Calendar

For a few years already my mother-in-law has been sending us a home-made/filled Advent calendar. Two years ago, I did not give it back to her but filled it myself to give it to her so that she and my father-in-law could also get some small gifts. I, nevertheless, still wanted to have one for us so I made one (which actually remained unused last year). This year I filled it and gave it to my parents-in-law and they filled theirs for us. Every year therefore we will be swapping calendars. Does that make sense?

Anyway, here is the calendar I made (sewing was all done with the machine and the numbers are hand-embroidery):

Several comments:
* the wooden bar will eventually be painted Candy stick-style
* with the years small embroideries and decorations will appear on the white background
* the pockets are not really practical so maybe I should have a system to hold them closed

12 Days to go until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment